Wednesday, October 3, 2012

xPage java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Suddenly got "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError" error on my xPage for the class from "Java" design area. The day before it works without problems.

Project clean, rebuild does not help.  Server restart does not help. I read that Recompile code when opening in designer (xPages) solution helps for someone, unfortunately not for me.

The only one solution helps is to rename class that was not found. I am lucky to have only one such class and I am afraid to get this error again for all of them.


... maybe I will try to move code to the WEB-INF/src ...

My Client version is "20120703.0900-T00099SHF-FP2 (Release 8.5.3FP2 SHF99) "

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have these kind of errors all the time. Since the new Java design element it's driving me crazy.
You should cut all the java libraries, peform a clean & rebuild and paste them back in. That should solve your issue.

Niklas Heidloff said...

I'm also using the Java perspective/package explorer (mostly because I'm used to it) and haven't seen issues there.

There was one issue where inner classes disappeared after replication. So if you are not running the latest builds, put them in separate files.

Andriy Kuba said...

Thank you. I will try this way next time